Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Waging the war...

Will we humans ever win the battle against the common cold?  Do the pharm companies have a cure and they are just not telling us?  Is this actually a cold or is it allergies?  I don't have the answers; I only know I've been on the front line for two weeks, armed with heavy artillery and, once again, I have lost.

I'm going to blame it on Nemo and the fact that I shoveled my property twice and my mom's once.  I felt absolutely great afterwards and then, about 24 hours later, I hit the wall...chills, congestion, aches.  It wouldn't be so bad if you could at least sleep but I've surrendered to some nighttime cold meds so that should do the trick.


On the bright side...at least it's not the flu!

11 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling much better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! Lots of Vitamin C going on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. Those orange shots are enough to perk up anyone on a dark day.

    I lean heavily on chicken soup. It's as much the soup for me as it is the soothing act of making it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! I made 2 pots of homemade chicken soup this past weekend. I had a sense this cold was on the way!

      Delete
  4. Yikes! Get better! I love your photos -- I can almost taste those oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love oranges!

    Anyways -- I do hope you feel better. Colds are no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo makes a simple orange look very enticing, hope you recover from you cold soon, they can be almost as bad a having the flu sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I know the cold all too well. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh poor you ... next time you do a lot outdoors in the cold/wet .. go home and take Emergen C and two aspirin ... i promise whatever is lurking percolating weill disappear

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugh. hope your cold passes quickly...
    these images are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better...this year there seems to be so many viruses...I know several are fighting the cold

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!