Thursday, February 28, 2013

As high as an elephant's eye...

(a Rurality Blog Hop entry)

While looking through some old photos to post on my tumblr blog, I came across the following taken at Davidson's Mill Pond Park.  I couldn't help think of that song by Rogers and Hammerstein 'Oh, What a Beautiful Morning' from Oklahoma!

As high as an elephant's eye...
I'm not sure whom I like better singing that song...Gordon MacRae or Hugh Jackman.
Either way, hope your morning is or was beautiful!

Note:  Long version containing several songs.

Note:  Stage version.

7 comments:

  1. i love hugh but that song belongs for gordon ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given a choice between Hugh Jackman and anyone, I would choose Hugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both do a good job -- it will soon be planting time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gordon. Definitely. Nice shot! I need something right about now to remind me of summer. I hopped on the Rurality Blog Hop this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like a beautiful day...with a photo that looks so green

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining in 'Rurality Blog Hop #4' Hope to see you next Wednesday for #5...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, all that green and growing is a sight for sore eyes! We have the tiniest buds swelling on seemingly lifeless branches now, a good and very welcome sign. (Sorry to hear your mother's not doing well. There's nothing easy about that for either of you. Be gentle with yourself.)

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!