Monday, January 7, 2013

Just hangin'...

Don't you just love a weekend when you're able to do anything you want or nothing at all?  I think I just had one of those weekends.  I'm saying 'I think' only because it's been so long since this has happened.

Getting up late on Saturday morning.
Hanging around in your pj's until noon.
Taking a walk with no particular destination in mind.
Cooking something delicious (lasagna) with no timetable to meet.
Listening to classical music.
Learning something new about photography (Lightroom4).
Getting out in the sun to photograph your surroundings (the local pond).
Watching a favorite movie (You've Got Mail) for the 10th time.
Getting to bed early...ahhhhhh
 



No pressure...
No stress...
No turmoil...
No phones...
No TV news...
 
Just peace and quiet and serenity.
Just hangin' out.

What a way to start the year!



Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Yes, that sounds perfect! Glad to hear you are making progress with LR4 - you'll be flying through it in no time!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little doorhanger. He looks pretty relaxed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like perfection! Just hangin' is a great way to spend a weekend. Hopefully you're going to be sharing those pond photos? And yum ... lasagna! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great to me! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. Those that you have all to yourself are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those days too... invite me for dinner??

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have soak those days in when you can! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aside from recovering from dental surgery my weekend was quite nice .. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These weekends sure don't happen very often,and they are so welcomed when they do. Glad this weekend was one of those for you, Helene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I call this "retirement," 'cept I don't hang out in pjs. . .I like to be ready to go do whatever I decide is right for the next moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, it's a horrible habit...it is on my list of things NOT TO DO when I retire :)

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a perfect day... I haven't had a sleep in day, since, well since forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i swore i had commented here a few days ago...hmmm. oh well. sounds like a weekend to savor! hope your week is a close second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynne! Again...BIG thanks for the 'catch!'

      Delete
  13. I love this. And I miss weekends like this - they used to happen quite often and am hoping that this weekend, after chores on Saturday, I can have this again. Congratulations on the course. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!