Sunday, December 30, 2012

Movin' on...

I have to chuckle and cringe whenever I get one of those year-in-review letters.  They are usually from people who I haven't seen in forever, haven't spoken to for so long, no longer associate with, and have absolutely nothing to do with my life.  The letters usually start out noting how busy the author has been because of all the wonderful happenings in their life.  Then they go on to list all the fabulous events of the year...none of which I was included in.  Please, I say, continue...I love it when you make me feel such a part of your life.

Ease into 2013 with some homemade
oatmeal chocolate chip pretzel cookies...yum!

Oh, don't misunderstand or get the wrong impression.  I love my life...I have everything I need, I am blessed, I am satisfied, I am lucky, I am grateful.  What I am, however, is simply amazed.  I'm amazed at how these people who just stated how busy they were, have been able to find the time to write this six-page letter and recall every single event of the past year.  Did they make notes over the course of the year in their organizers specifically for the purpose of composing this novella?  Now that's organized!

Relax in 2013 with delicious French milled
soap of milk, honey, wild almonds, and oats...hmmm.

Well, there will be no such letter from me...ever.  Unless I filled the pages with little white lies and exaggerations, you would be reading about all the run-of-the-mill, mundane, normal events of my days.  When I want to tell you something, I'll call you or e-mail you or visit you or, if it's for public consumption, blog about it.  So, as I read these wonderful letters and as 2012 quickly fades into the sunset, I'm desperately trying to recall the stellar events of my life during the past 365 days.  OK, give me a couple of minutes....I'm thinking...still thinking...still thinking....I should have made notes...I'll get back to you.  Right now, I'm movin' on to 2013.

Get a grip on life (or try) in 2013 with some meditations and reflections...breath.



Happy New Year Everyone!
May it be healthy, happy, joyful, and prosperous!

13 comments:

  1. I hear you about the letters...lol...who can remember all the events of a year. I mean, sure I can...but I am way to lazy to sit and write it out in one long letter. Which is why I love blogging! Want to see what I am up to? Read my blog. Anyway I so appreciate all your comments! And I wish you a wonderful and blessed 2013. Oh...that soap...it looks decadent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, that soap smells good enough to eat...almost! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. You are too funny. I was about to post one of those year in review posts and then I stopped myself and decided to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Helene you gave me a good chuckle! We get those letters too and they always make me feel somewhat lacking. Especially one couple where he writes the annual letter and you would think his wife was Wonder Woman Who Does It All and Happily. Ugh!

    Have a great New Year! Wouldn't it be fun to get together somewhere in the middle of where we live and photograph together??

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only letter like that comes to us yearly from my sister's BFF ... this year it was a hoot because while writing it in third person she kept slipping back into 'i' mode causing me to guffaw ... and want to write back ..

    where/who/how did you get that nifty cookie mix and measuring spoons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookie mix was a gift from a co-worker and the measuring spoons I inherited from my aunts (remember the percolators?...same aunts). Along with the standard measurements, there are spoons for a smidgen, pinch, and dash...very cool. Uh oh, I feel a photo shoot and/or blog post coming on! LOL

      Delete
  5. The soap stopped me in my tracks. It's beautiful and I want to bury my nose in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, know what you mean about the year-in-review letters!
    Thank you for the smile.

    I absolutely LOVE that soap. Simple and simply beautiful.

    Wishing you a most wonderful New Year.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I have a love - hate relationship with those year letters. But for me, it is the best way for me to update family members and friends who live so far away. But 6 pager? No way - three paragraphs, tops.
    The soap looks luscious and who would have thought one could make cookies with pretzels.

    But what really caught my eye - your blog label of "D800". Congrats on your new camera! Don't you love the performance?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sentiments exactly. lol. There is nothing in my life that I think anyone would want to read about at the end of the year - or any other time either. I feel the same about Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the Facebook thing...I have an account because of a recent class reunion but now, I rarely go there. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year Helene. I so enjoy your friendship. xo

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!