Friday, November 16, 2012

Mill Pond Trail

(A Weekly Top Shot entry...)

The first time I walked the Mill Pond Trail I was clueless.  I didn't know what markings to look for, had no idea of how the trail took turns that lead you in a circle, and didn't really know what to look for along the way to add to the enjoyment of the 'trip.'  Now, after about a half dozen hikes, it's become a familiar route but I know it will never loose its beauty.


I've never counted how many photos I've taken along the way but I'm always in awe when I happen to stop and just look at what surrounds me.

One of the first spots you encounter along the trail.



Large stones border stone step that take you down towards the lake
and then back up towards the park.

As the trail curves, pockets of sun
light up the autumn colors.


Tall trees line the path on the final
leg of the trail.


Hope you enjoyed this walk along the Mill Pond Trail.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Helene, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qué iluminación y colores tan espectaculares. Un abrazo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome autumn multicolor...
    I love park's nature...
    nice post!)

    xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Enjoyed your pic of the trail...reminds me of when I was a kid playing in the woods

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place and great pictures; I would never get tired of walking that trail and taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helene, it's still gorgeous! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #57!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful place to be with a camera.
    These are beautiful, Helene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love tree-lined trails, especially in Autumn. You captured the mood so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely ... like Riverside Park you may feel you've seen it all but then suddenly its all different

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely walk...
    Enjoy your day !

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!