Friday, November 23, 2012

Let the games begin...

(A Weekly Top Shot entry)

I was just looking back on my posts from a year ago...just to review what I've done, where I've been, what I've seen and to get a sense of where I'm going.  And to get some inspiration.  I've hit a dry spell or maybe it's just the daily grind that has gotten in the way.  My other excuse or confession...I've been spending a lot of time on tumblr.com and lensblr.com.

I so admire all my blogger friends (and I'm so thankful for them all) who have this endless energy to photo, post, and write such interesting, humorous, and entertaining articles.  Over the next several days I'll be away and I'm hoping to use some of that time for inspiration and thought so I can move out of this funk and come up with something close to what my friends post.  Note to self:  Bring journal to make notes if and/or when ideas pop out of my head.

In the meantime, I got some inspiration from my son and daughter-in-law.  They go shopping every year on Thanksgiving night...what energy!  While they were out, I stayed with my three grandsons...I adore them.

So let the games begin...shop until we drop...support the economy!  I will do my part up until the end of the year.  Next year the 'austerity plan' goes into effect!

Scenes from FAO Schwartz, New York City...taken a few years ago...for the child in all of us!

 


HOLD EVERYTHING!
So here I am, adding photos to my post and I run into this...
 
Whoops! You're out of space. You are currently using 100% of your 1 GB quota for photos. Upgrade storage
Photos are stored in your Picasa Web Albums account and are included in your 1 GB free quota for photos. Additional storage you purchase is shared between several Google products and is in addition to your free quota. Learn more
 
Soooooo, in order to maintain the photos I've loaded in past posts and add new photos, I'll need to BUY extra space.  Hmmmm, I don't think so.  BUT, if I delete photos, they will no longer be available with my past posts.  A double-edged sword to be sure!
 
OK, blogger friends, have you encountered this dilemma and, if so, what did you do?
 
Ya know, it's always something!!!

11 comments:

  1. I know a few bloggers that were confronted with the same thing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really... I wouldn't know how that would be handled, sorry Helene. I've got a self-hosted Wordpress blog... hope someone comes along with a good answer... I've been hanging out here all day, no Black Friday shopping for moi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on !
    :-)
    Best regards from France...

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helene, sometimes I just ride it out and get over my uninspired spell. Something always turns up! Or maybe this quote from my photography class will help you: “Quit trying to find beautiful objects to photograph. Find the ordinary objects so you can transform them by photographing them.” A little bit more work, but a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every blogger account is allowed 1gb free space to store photos and video. Any photos that are 800x800 pixels or less are stored for free and you are allowed 15 minutes of video storage for free. Anything after that you have to pay for. So if you are using photos and storing them on your blog make sure the size of any photo is 800x800 pixels or less. You can check how much space you have used by checking your Picasa account which is automatically linked to your blog. My photo blog currently stores over 500 photos and I have only used 0.33mb of my 1 gb. That's becasue I don't store the original sized photo there, I resize them for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same notice not too long ago! I went ahead and bought more storage. It was only $5, if I recall. Not a bad deal. I like to keep my photos large, so I paid for it. As for not finding inspiration, that hits me too, at times. I take a little break and cook something or take my camera when I go on a little excursion. Even a walk around the yard sometimes helps. Best of luck with these two dilemnas. I like your toy photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rag dolls, they have so much charm, you can hug them, how can you hug plastic! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #58!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i upgraded and its literally costing me pennies a month .. it took me 5+ yrs to use up the 'free' space so i am sure it will take me about that long to use up the newly purchased space

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not brave the black Friday stuff....I did not know there was a limit but it sounds like Karen knows...I resize my photos so the blog will load faster, I hope...and now I will resize them down to 800x800

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of good information from Karen. I'd likely go ahead and buy more space if it's only $5.00 and keep the pics under 800 px squared.

    You'll get your mojo back -- and I'll be here when you do. xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh....there is hope! Now I need some time to get myself organized and get about 3 hrs. in front of my laptop...LOL

      Delete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!