Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Halloween!

It's Monday, November 5.  It's the day before Election Day.  It's 20 days away from Thanksgiving.  And it's one week after Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey and communities up and down the East Coast.  BUT it's Halloween in my home town.  You absolutely cannot cancel Halloween...no way, no how.

After this past week of no electricity, no heat, no refrigeration...nothing...I am thrilled to see all the little cute ghosts and goblins at my door.  This is not one of them...


To all my friends who have suffered through this past week and to so many who are still trying to survive, I send you prayers and hope for better days ahead.  And they will come...after all, we are New Jersey.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I was wondering about you. Glad to see that things are getting back to normal for you. Many wishes for a quick return to normal for the worst hit areas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the strong survive. Proud to be a Jersey Girl ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were without power for a few days (Monday night thru Friday morning) and we consider ourselves lucky.

    Too bad about election day because think so many people are in survival mode right now instead of thinking about voting.

    I've only lived in New Jersey for the past 6.5 years but I can tell you one thing: they are survivors! Go New Jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any place that gives us Bruce Springsteen is gold in my book. And I really do hope that "we take care of our own."

    A late Halloween gives you all the more opportunity to savor it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear you're well. wishing the best for all your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just make sure you NJ-ites get out and vote ... its the most important thing you can do

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray yall survive...It has to be rough without electricity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are not being effected by this second storm Helene. Just too much too soon. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Helene, I wish I could do something to help you personally, more than pray, please know I do that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is most definitely scary!
    Great costume.
    I hope that somehow things are starting to get back to bearable there.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!