Friday, October 12, 2012

Game over...

 
 

With the big ‘R’ (that’s retirement) lurking around the corner, I’ve had several people (already retired) remark to me that I’m so lucky to have something I’m interested in…my photography. They could not be more right. But I’m lucky even now, while I’m still working. This ‘passion’ has saved my sanity in many instances. Granted, the house doesn’t get cleaned that often, the windows could use a washing, I need to scrub the mold off the deck, etc. but I could not be more satisfied. It’s extremely fulfilling…I don’t get that feeling when I wash the kitchen floor. Hmmmm, is that what those retirees are doing? Ugh!

 
 
So with crazy ‘stuff’ going on around me over the weekend, I headed out and walked around a local pond looking for some sanity and some color; camera and tripod in hand. It was late, the sun was setting but what a great way to test long exposures. And there was a baseball game (love baseball) just ending under the lights at an adjacent field.

 
 
I didn’t catch any baseball action but I did hear the final crack of the bat and the cheers as the game ended. And as I turned away from the field, there rose a full autumn moon. Sigh…all is right with the world.

 

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful photography,Helen! That night photography is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barb! Looooonnnnggg exposures on some of these. The people in the ball field shot (portrait), near the trash container 'almost' disappeared. Lots of fun experimenting!

      Delete
  2. Love these shots! All are gorgeous, crisp, colorful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots! I particularly love the top one of the fountain. So soft; very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your photos...it is a good passion to have...the field at night was neat to see

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is key to have passions outside of work - they keep things sane. Beautiful photos, as usual!
    So cool that the big R is right around the corner.... I suspect it will be a new adventure for you.

    Thanks for the comments on my blog - if you get the chance, you should check out the movie - I suspect you will enjoy the music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dust and dishes always wait... photography opportunities sometimes are fleeting.. love your low light shots... especially the second one of the ball field... Thank you so much for sharing on 'Weekly Top Shot #52,' my meme's first anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are excellent; I love those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belíssimas fotos!
    Apreciei muito.
    Obrigada. Ailime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it so sweet that you also join for Leontien....love Ria...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful... so wonderful to see such kindness flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some really nice photographs Helene. And yes, life is better with a creative interest. Can anyone say photography and art :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these are great. The moon especially. It is great to be retired and I am also lucky that I have photography. And, also, my house is not clean.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!