Thursday, August 23, 2012

Playing With Matches

Matchstick.kom

You go to that dreaded kitchen drawer on a mission.  You know that drawer...the one you've reorganized a thousand times, the one only you can find anything in, the one that no one else will venture into because they tell you that's where the kitchen monster lives (it was probably a corn holder that attacked them).  You either need to find that one utensil you use about once a year (the egg slicer?) or you need to find the spare peeler (the blade broke off the cheap one you bought).

Organized

And then it happens.  While sifting through the 'can't-throw-this-away' clutter, the box of matches explodes all over.  Not a box of nicely stacked match books but those wonderful wooden matches that light on the first strike, the matches that have been in the same slide-out box for the past 10 years, the matches that have been kept in that box with an elastic band that has now broken.

Pick me, pick me!

On the bright side, the drawer is more or less organized again and I found something different to photograph.  It's all good.

Trouble Maker!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots - you're a master of macro. Every time I go to do macro I just get frustrated and walk away. Great shots!

    Matt

    P.S., you're last shot reminded me of this insane video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waetvPRPS8o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the very last shot. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so clever! I especially like the first one. Did you stack them all up or was it the luck of the "drop"? Kind of like playing 52 Pick-up-Sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the luck of the drop after I fished them all out of the draw. I'm sure there are still some hiding under that egg slicer and peeler I was looking for!

      Delete
  4. These matches make great photo opps! Love the batch of color and the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice shots! I especially like the last one. As for the junk utensil drawer - I keep the random stuff in a basket - at least the basket feels like everything is organized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha! one never knows where inspiration can be found! these are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me chuckle, I have one of those drawers. Every time I organize it I smile, I'm pleased and then six months or a year later it is chaos again! Love these match shots a lot... Thank you for sharing on WTS#44!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! Really, it takes some talent to make matches not only look interesting but BE interesting, too. The shots are wonderful. And the drawer! Oh, the bermuda triangle of kitchen geography! Can you tell you've massaged a little nerve here?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughed out loud at the caption on the last photo. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always make the simplest things look interesting. I need to try and be more creative like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Замечательно. Очень понравилось.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love this series .. i might even organize a drawer or two now that i see how inspiring it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muy creativas todas tus fotografías. Me alegro de haberte encontrado. Se seguiré de cerca. Un saludo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful shots... what a great piece on finding inspiration right at home. Love that last image :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very dangerous but very beautiful game....

    xoxo, Juliana
    [pjhappies.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!