Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A side of summer.....

Sitting under the trees on a hill overlooking the bay,
a light breeze swaying the branches above.
Sail boats glistening in the sun
as the wake of passing boats cause them to bob up and down
and The Garden State Symphonic Band entertains the crowd
with music of the movies.

The band gazebo at Bayview Park, Perth Amboy, NJ

We were entertained with selections from Breakfast At Tiffany's, A Star Is Born, Rocky, and Moon Struck, to name a few, along with vocal performances by Paula Johns who sounded so much like Ella Fitzgerald.  Next Sunday...music from “LaBoheme” and “Beauty and the Beast.”  I hope I can get there and celebrate this side of summer.


The audience reviews the program selections.


Out in the bay

A sharp chapeau

Clothes pins do the trick as the breeze kicks up.

Paula Johns sings Moon River.

Instruments shine in the bright sun.

And the beat of summer goes on.

7 comments:

  1. what a wonderful post .. I think all those photos are fabulous, I love photos that give/show you a piece of the whole vs a portrait ..great great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I think the 'piece of the whole' idea was subliminally in my head from looking at all your great shots from Santa Fe!

      Delete
  2. wonderful event! i really like the close-ups of the instruments and hands. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great venue for this concert series. Wonderful shots, Helene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I see all I missed now. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Daryl said. Great perspective and composition.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!