Saturday, June 23, 2012

Distracted...

I am notorious for getting distracted.  People tell me it's a normal part of 'aging.'  I don't think it's got anything to do with 'aging.'  I think it's got a lot to do with 'age.'  Let me explain.

Tequila Rose concert with a friend.
As I'm getting older, I'm finally realizing what's really, really important to me...making a phone call to a friend or family, checking out the tomato plants, sitting on the porch watching the world go by, reading the blogs I follow, taking a photo because the light is right, etc. etc.   BUT, while all this important stuff is calling me, I still need to get through the work day, do the cleaning, get the bills paid...all the 'necessary' stuff.  So, while I'm off trying to accomplish all this 'necessary' stuff, I get distracted by all those important things.  Got it?

Trenton Thunder game with family.
This 'age' lesson has been a long-time coming.  I'm glad I didn't miss it...like so many people I know.  And it's so much less stressful to come to terms with the fact that it's OK that my house is a work-in-progress and the hamper is full to the top and you can't eat off the kitchen floor and my closets need to be organized and, and, well, you get the picture.  I like being distracted by all those important things...otherwise life would be so boring.

Lady Antebellum at PNC Arts Center from the nose-bleed
section with a P&S camera...worth it!
Well, gotta go finish vacuuming...until I get distracted again.

8 comments:

  1. I so agree -- I really don't want my headstone to read "she kept a clean house." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I especially like the Lady A picture with your P&S. I can relate to your post.. It was frustrating at first not to be able to finish what I started because something else caught my attention. Even things on my list wouldn't get done. Decided to just chill and go with the flow and enjoy life. If that means spending more time with my camera...so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! this is why i love bloggers! so much logic and wisdom to be found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy can i ever empathize ... back from my get-away and struggling to catch up .. hey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helene, with what you have explain I do not see distraction now as part of aging, lol!! I see distraction now as part of our daily and if we embrace it life is wonderful! By that, we will all age gracefully ^_^ Thanks for the thought!! Love it! Thanks for the visit too I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me feel better about being distracted...I am always getting distracted. I hope you got the vacuuming done:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I know exactly what you're talking about... I've become a distracted mess, can't concentrate on a thing! You're so right, the work will wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said. If distractions weren't worth it they would be distracting in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!