Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Considering Simple

Considering I’m finding very little time lately to blog about anything, I’m trying to wrap my head around why I’m even considering starting another blog.  I suspect I’m attracted to the simplicity of certain blogs and how posting just one photo can say so much or just enough (see Through My Eyes).

Sunset on Farrington Lake...one of my first shots of a sunset.
Check out the shooting star on the left...I didn't catch that until AFTER I saw it on the computer.
So, here I am, surfing through Blogspot, trying to come up with something catchy and everything and anything catchy has already been caught. The kicker is all those witty, cute, short & sweet titles I’m coming up with were grabbed up about 5 to 10 years ago and nothing was ever posted to them. OK, so if you consider “This is a test” an actual post, I guess you can say that it’s a blog.  Really?! Really?! Ugh!

Voorhees Chapel at Rutgers...a beautiful chapel where my son and daughter-in-law got married.

All I want to do is grab a title that will grab people and invite them to look at some photos. My goal is to take a look back in the archives, pick out some photos I like and see how things have progressed (or not) over the course of time, note how it was shot, and invite critiques. But, up to this point, I’ve yet to grab that title.

Skylark Diner on Rt. 1 in Edison...great food and I love love diners!
So, until I can come up with something that has not been snapped up or until I can get creative and make up a word (see Besoterio), I will hope that one of you bloggers out there who had all these great creative intentions to start a blog and dump the idea before it got off the ground, delete your short-lived endeavor so that another can seize that snappy title and put it to good use. And, maybe, in the meantime, when I’m at a loss for words and time, I will start posting just one photo and see how it goes. It’s often said that simple is best.

16 comments:

  1. I love the sunset pic - great colors. Sunset photos are a lot of fun, as you never know what will come out. Nice catch on the star as well! I love the church photo as well - the surrounding dark trees make the church really shine.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea. I hear you on the "test post" post. Really?
    My favorite of your three above is the diner photo. Love those cool light fixtures.
    Thank you for your supportive words on my blog - they have brought me hope :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true! I had to laugh! I did just start another blog and it took me a good month to come up with a name - when I finally thought of it - I wanted and it - and I got it!! It's for my scrapbooking adventures and I called it scrapper to scrapper and lo and behold that name was not taken - hmmmm, maybe it's not very good . . .

    PS LOVE that sunset with the shooting star - magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love that diner photo. Actually all of them so I'd like to see more when you get that new blog up an running. I'll keep "shooting" you ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estou sem palavras para a primeira fotografia. maravilhosa luminosidade!
    beijos de portugal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos...simple and gorgeous. Yes the time to blog?? is not easy:) but I hope you find it

    ReplyDelete
  7. is the problem with the name due to someone else using it? do what I did .. through my eyes was taken .. but all-through my eyes wasnt .. that's my URL but the blog title doesnt use the 'all' .. my other blog's URL is On the M104 .. but the title I use it Out & About in NYC (... long winded way to saying you can name it anything you want .. you can get a URL that is as simple as My Second Blog .. BUT I think your photos (and writing) already catch the eye/ear .. thanks for the linky love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why not just keep this one and change how you update it? You already have a following and name is pretty cool already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yep, I'm starting to lean that way...that will really keep it simple :)

      Delete
  9. i'm with maggie. what's wrong with what you have here? if there are days you just feel like posting an image without saying anything, and wish to invite critiques, then just do that! i personally feel enough (self-induced) pressure if i haven't posted in a while. having a second monster to feed would probably do me in. ;o)

    these captures are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Feeding the monster'...that says it all. There are some day (many) when the blog is the monster or the monkey on your back. I believe I'll be varying my format on and off...no pressure!

      Delete
  10. Lindas fotografias, a primeira foto é um clique perfeito " imperioso " muito apaixonante.
    Saudações

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol..I have been there many times! Looking to start a new blog...searching for just the right name ( and not finding it!). Sit with it for a while...I do love the idea of one photo posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Maggie, too. I like the simplicity of your blog and the photos, of course ;)
    But if you would like to start from scratch with your own domain, you could still keep this blog, post links to your new blog and "move" your followers/friends over - it is just a question of time ;)

    I also would like to thank your for being a regular visitor to my blog and I really appreciate your comments! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Helen!

    Best wishes from Switzerland,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, the second blog! I've tried that a couple of times and have failed miserably. I don't have time to keep up the main one -- I think it's like trying on new clothes or a new hairstyle, knowing you can delete it or abandon it without much fanfare. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!