Saturday, March 17, 2012

Addicted...


I am notorious for going out there and just clicking away...usually at the same thing.  For the longest time it was flowers (and Victorio Loubriel nudged me on that one) and then the moon and then there are the birds at the feeder.  I can set up my tripod and camera in the kitchen on Saturday morning  and click away at these feathered friends as they come flying in for their snack.  The photos are the same, over and over; after all, these guys are not about to stand still and strike a pose.  But, I'm addicted.  After all, how often can you get this close to a bird without it flying off in a nanosecond; close enough to examine the pattern on its face or the lay of its feathers or its less-than-beautiful feet.
Mr. & Mrs. Finch dining out.
So, as the non-winter turns over into a hopeful spring, I've got to try and move away from the boring and monotonous click, click, click and try to concentrate on some different things.  It's not going to be easy.  I've tried it before.  There's been some successes but then I find myself on that slippery slope heading towards those flowers and birds and moon shots.
Mrs. Red to Mrs. Finch:  So what do you think of this new shade of lipstick?
Mrs. Finch to Mrs. Red:  Hmmmmm, no comment.
I've got to remind myself to look at things differently, look at things from different angles, start capturing the unique and steering clear of the ordinary.  There is nothing wrong with the ordinary.  I know I'll be there, trying to get the perfect shot but this time, I'll try to get the perfect unique shot.  Wish me luck!

Sea Salt....well, I said I needed to try something different.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely! Tx for sharing. Such patience and skill it must have taken you to get such beautiful pix.

    nancy g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like your salt but I love that first shot of the bird! How close and crisp and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible macro shot of the sea salt! And your birds are lovely...I have such a hard time shooting birds! They move too much for me...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, but I do like the birds. Nice sea salt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your salt turned out wonderfully well!!! I'm impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all gravitate towards what we love, what makes us happy, when it comes to photography. For me, it's dogs, cats, flora, dogs, cats... lol. These are beautiful shots, Helene. Love the one of Mrs. Cardinal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO very precious, wow the salt turned out so well! Please forgive me my tardiness in visiting your entry in ‘Weekly Top Shot,’ I have been rather under the weather the past few days, although still working. I'm so glad you decided to join us and share at 'Weekly Top Shot.' :-) I hope you'll come share again next week...

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!