Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lunar attraction...

What is it about the moon that draws us to it?  Or is it just me?

I went to the gym tonight.  The gym is right in the office.  That has its good points and its bad...good because it's right there and there's no need to do any extra traveling and bad because it's right there and your excuses for not going are basically blown out of the water.  Going to the gym gets me to my car around 6:15 so, on the up-side I'm almost missing rush-hour traffic and on the down-side, I'm not reaching home until around 6:45.

By this hour the moon was well on its path across the black winter sky.  With the cold crisp dry air you could see all those little 'nooks and crannies.'  I must have kept one eye on that moon all the way home.  It was so clear I guess I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the U.S. flag or maybe 'the man in the moon' or some other life form dancing around up there!


Every season puts a different 'spin' on that moon.  But no matter the season, I can't deny my attraction to it.  Werewolf tendencies?  Vampire tendencies?  Hmmmmm, excuse me while I check my reflection in the mirror.

8 comments:

  1. I was going to go up on the roof and try to get a decent focused shot of the moon and then I decided not to ... I suspect it was the moon messing with my mood .. it won .. I am also jealous of your shot .. I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Daryl, I lugged out my old Sigma 50-500 lens for that shot and I'm still not thrilled with it. I really thought it would be much sharper. That lens is not a great piece of glass and I probably would have gotten better results with a 28-300 Nikkor I have. My enthusiasm & haste got the better of me and clouded my thinking...LOL! Thanks for stopping by...love the comments!

      Delete
  2. There is something about the moon isn't there yet so often we tend to ignore both the day sky and the night sky. Great moon shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking at the sky...you never see the same show twice. It is too bad we often forget about it or don't notice it unless it's something unique.

      Delete
  3. I can never get a good shot of the moon. Yours is amazing, Helene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I think my neighbors must think I'm crazy...I'm often out there with the camera and tripod in the dark and cold. LOL

      Delete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!