Monday, February 6, 2012

21 Pairs of Socks...

All white.  How boring is that!  What can I say...I've been going to the gym 2 - 3 times a weeks and haven't visited the washer and dryer lately.  So glad the following load was a lot more colorful; although I won't be so happy when I have to pull the ironing board out!

This laundry is like this season...somewhat colorless.  There's lots of brown shades outside, and some grays, and some black.  Even the birds at the feeder are these shades.  I've been waiting for Big Red to show up but I haven't heard or seen him.  Maybe he took the Mrs. on vacation.

And all this is accompanied by blogger's block.  Is the mind too full of other stuff to concentrate or focus on one specific topic or contemplate one subject and come up with something worth to write down?  A dilemma for sure.

Is there a magic wand to waive and the block will disappear?  Blogger's Block Begone!!!  I think not.  Maybe it's time to revisit photos from more colorful days to get some inspiration?

Brooklyn Botanical Garden - May 6, 2009




 




What's your trick?  How do you get inspired?  How do you banish the block?  Do tell!

10 comments:

  1. The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens look delightful, from the entrance to the wide sweeping garden beds. A delightful place to visit and revisit via photos.

    Looking through photos is a great way to find something worth sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to catch a moment of spring through these garden photos, I'm patiently awaiting the warmth of spring breezes! While my blog is NOT of many words, I do sometimes need inspiration and find it by visiting other blogs or taking a walk in an unfamiliar area. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are reminding me that Spring is not that far off. Wonderful selection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely breath of spring! I am thinking we could make a song out of of "21 pairs of socks in the wash", kind of like 99 bottles of beer on the wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'll be singing that song whenever I do the wash! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Hi Helene, I found you over at Eden's blog. After reading your "about" bio, I thought I would say hello and subscribe. I really like the two pieces you submitted in the exhibit. My thought is that the poached egg won 3rd place. But which ever one did win...congrats. Please stop by my blog whrn you have a moment.
    Walter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walter, thanks so much for stopping by. I have taken a peak at your blog...truly amazing photos! I will be back to take a more intense look since I'm now following. Inspirational!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the color during this colorless winter. Sorry I don't have an answer for writer's block. Let me know when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's why we take so many photos in the spring and summer -- so we can look at them when the weather is so cold and gray. This are gorgeous, Helene. I could spend hours in such a place.

    As far as writer's block, I never seem to have it. I just write about what's going on around here -- there's always plenty of critter activity to keep me in blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely place to be....nice building and wonderful colored flowers.

    Nice photowork Helene.

    Warm greetings from Holland, Joop

    thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!