Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oh, the humanity! ...

...as announced by Herbert Morrison as the Hindenburg went down, this is what I moaned as I noticed all the photos in my blog were gone.  How could this have happened?!  What is going on?!  Was I hacked?!  Well, after talking to a friend, we surmised that it had to be me deleting photos in Google+.  Who knew?!

When I got into G+ there were all these photos of mine.  I didn't recall posting them there and just thought nothing of hitting that delete button.  Ugh!   There was no warning, no bells and whistles went off, no little window asking if I really, really wanted to do this - nothing to tell me 'Think Twice Before Hitting That Button!'  So, I've been spending the last several days going through old posts and attempting to match up photos.  Why?  Hmmmm, not exactly sure but I am a person who loves things when they are complete.  Just hate doing a job only half way or partially.  What can I say?  I'm anal!

And while this is going on, I'm preparing for the annual Employee Photo/Art Exhibit at the office and trying to get some photography in and taking care of family and working.

Can't wait until things get back to normal!  I need NORMAL!  We all do.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry Helene, I know it's frustrating. If it's any consolation, your header looks slamming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, Love the nature sounds! Very restful. Thanks for registering with my site and commenting. I haven't yet had a chance to explore your blog but in the coming days I will try to read backwards. :) Cheers ... L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no....groan. I would want to restore them too. Such a shame there wasn't a warning or explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is normal? ;)

    I have some missing photos on my blog too, but there's no way I'm gonna go back and try to fix them. I'm anal about it, but I only have so much time in the day. Good luck with your contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope you get it all straightened out. I know I have several photos missing from my blog, but like Nancy, just decided not to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arrggh! I went and cleaned up Picasa a few weeks ago - guess what? my most recent posts were missing photos - I had to re-do them (and I KNEW better!) Hope all goes well . . .

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!