Friday, January 20, 2012

Kodak moments...


A Weekly Top Shot Entry

We've all had them; those Kodak moments.  Remember those wonderful commercials that always made you cry.  I especially recall The Times of Your Life from 1977, the year my son was born.  Another that really got me weepy was the 2005 Kodak Gallery commercial.  This version is lengthy but worth taking a look.


Today I spent some time having a 'Kodak moment' with a vintage circa 1947 Kodak Duaflex camera a friend graciously loaned me.


You know, even though Kodak may soon be no longer, I suspect we will still have 'Kodak moments.'  I could not imagine describing the times of our lives anyother way.

10 comments:

  1. You are having fun with the old cameras. Wonderful black and whites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible shots helene. and i love the new vibe on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nostalgic images... love them! I read today about Kodak's troubles... I think it will be a terrible shame if a company that has recorded so many moments, small and large may fall to tough times. Thanks for sharing, Helene on 'Weekly Top Shot!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful camera...i used to love those commercials, had forgotten about them...what, kodak might be going away?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first Duaflex is by far the prettiest. Love your treatments on these, Helene. Very special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true. Some phrases are eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh these are gorgeous shots! Such a timeless feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that vintage camera. Funny, I've been stalking them on eBay and want one for my own! Your photos are beautiful and only feed my desire!
    We'll always have "Kodak Momements", just not using Kodak products.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Kodak Moment, does describe our lives so well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about memories (Times of Your Life)!!!
    That song still makes me cry each time I hear it.
    I am indeed very sad that soon Kodak may be no longer.
    Kodak and Polaroid were what I grew up with.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!