Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What was I thinking?!

Nathaniel demonstrates the fine are of
unwrapping to Uncle Ken.
As we move toward the New Year, I'm thinking of resolutions.  Here is my first...do not go shopping the day after Thanksgiving or the day after Christmas.  For the past 20+ years, I have never gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving.  This day is reserved for putting up the tree, decorating the house, and just getting things in order so I can really enjoy 'the view' through December.  No problem.   So whatever possessed me to go to a store today, the day after Christmas?  Was it the ads and the subliminal message they were sending out in the Sunday papers?  Could it have been the traffic report that I only heard part of telling me that traffic was light.  Hmmmmm, I missed that part where they talked about what was happening around the malls.  Or was it that gift certificate from Santa that was calling out to me like a Siren....spend me, spend me, spend me NOW!
Gift wrap from.....Shop Rite!

Whatever it was, I found myself in the Target parking lot, making my way toward those front doors and the super, stupendous, magnificent bargains inside.  Well, those bargains applied, of course, only to the holiday items and some toys.  After picking up what I originally went in for (a coffee carafe and place mats at full price) I did manage to get into the seasonal section and pick out some really nice wrapping paper for next year.  Then onward to the toy area to grab something for a grandson's birthday next month - 30% off these items.  All in all, it was not such a bad excursion.  Not bad until someone grabbed my cart and everything in it while I wasn't looking!  This - after spending an hour gathering all those items.

Something to keep me warm...a beautiful
shawl from a dear friend.
Well, onward to Shop Rite.  Let the resolutions begin!

7 comments:

  1. trekking your lovely blog!!! thanks for sharing and keep posting! Happy New Year!

    cheers!
    ..TREK..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were you thinking? I heard of mad riots on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's horrible Helene! What the heck? I didn't go out Monday, mainly because I didn't need anything and we are also watching our pennies. I did venture out yesterday to the grocery story out of necessity and it there were no problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha can't underestimate that siren saying (spend me spend me spend me) But somebody grab your cart? Geez, good thing I wasn't there I will trek the whole store fuming hahaha!! Thanks for the visit and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing. I've learned to not go to the big city and shop from Thanksgiving through the first week in January. Fortunately in my little town even the bigger stores aren't too busy. Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is terrible Helene!
    Good thing you have a good sense of humor.
    I am not sure I would have taken it so well! :-)
    I wish you a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can relate. Even today at the shopping mall...mad house. I thought the shopping frenzy would have dwindled down. Nope.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!