Monday, November 21, 2011

Solitaire

(Click on the photos to view large)

A popular fishing spot.

Last week I had the luxury of a few hours to myself. The question of what to do was partially answered by my car dealer.  My one-year old SUV needed a window replaced so that took 2 hours. But, not a total loss, since I was able to get some reading in and concentrate on cleaning my camera equipment.

Pond boat ramp...kept natural
 Then, just before a nice cold rain hit, I was able to head over to Davidson’s Mill Pond Park. It was perfect timing – there were few people there and the area where I’ve wanted to photograph was void of the usual fishermen. No offense to those who fish but I didn’t think they would appreciate my tripod in the middle of their fishing poles and tackle boxes.

Shoreline color.
The shoreline was so quiet, I searched the woods for deer, hoping they would not realize I was there and make a noon time appearance.   Maybe next time.
Quite

It was cold, it was cloudy, it was damp, it was wonderful. Sometimes you just need moments when you are solitary and feel totally alone in your surroundings. These moments help us rejuvenate and enable us to go back to the crazies that surround us; the crazies that too often try to devour us.

Two malard couples...a double date perhaps.
Take advantage, appreciate and enjoy your solitary moments and really see your surroundings.


8 comments:

  1. Great music to accompany great pictures. Felt like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so partial to ducks -- love that last shot, Helene. Wish I was there, but this is the next best thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful scenery! You have captured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really captured some beautiful photographs! My two favorites are the first one with the tree reflections and the bright red berries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helene, Happy Thanksgiving. I love the shoreline color photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful time and some lovely photos as fruit along with the refreshment of soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly amazing pictures! You've given me a great reminder. That I need to carry my tripod in my vehicle wherever I go. I know there's room to improve my pictures...clear and sharp pictures. Keep up the great work that you do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. I know just how you feel. When I need to rejuvenate myself I grab my camera and head out to see what I can find. It's relaxing and puts everything back into perspective again. I am so enjoying your photography!

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!