Friday, September 16, 2011

Oh, that Rose of Sharon....

A Macro Flowers Saturday entry...See: Macro Flowers Saturday
AND
A Weekend Flowers entry...See: WeekendFlowers
(please click on each photo to enlarge)


It's gone wild and taken over the yard. Well, not really but almost. I hadn't really looked at it for several weeks and all of a sudden it was everywhere. I have to admit, I felt a little bad cutting it back - it was so beautiful. But, I have no doubt, it will be back - in abundance!
Waiting for the bees... 





After the rain...


15 comments:

  1. How lovely! If you like, join us at Weekend Flowers with this great shots :) I would really like to see you there. LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos and flowers. The raindrops in the last two shots make it even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, especially with the raindrops on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A rather invasive "hedge," I know... we have several and they are still blooming, in mid-September. Always provide a fantastic photo op.

    Lovely photos, Helene. Especially with the water droplets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome series of photos. These are gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sequence of shots. Rose of Sharon is wonderful--it's there every year making the garden beautiful. I'm like you, I hate to cut back anything that is green and growing. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely. The half closed with the water drops I like most :) Thanks for joining WEF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, the Rose of Sharon is such an exquisite flower. The water drops look like tiny jewels on the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous macro! I always thought of them as the hibiscus...

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful shots and raindrops looks so refreshing. following you.

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!