Saturday, June 25, 2011

A study in orange...a Macro Flower Saturday Entry...

The Alabama Jubilee lily bloomed this week.  I think it's beautiful but I do have one problem - the blooms just don't last long enough.  So far these are my favorites in the new garden.  It must have something to do with the fact that oranges, apricots, and peaches are some of my favorite colors.  Gee, they're also good to eat!

Click each photo to enlarge...
Alabama Jubilee Lily

 
Ruffles...

A diferent angle...

The ruffled petals remined me of the petticoats worn by French Can-Can Dancers;
so, when I flipped one photo over, I saw the dancing legs and slippers peaking out.

2 comments:

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!