Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rutgers Gardens - a feast for the senses....

If you're ever in Central New Jersey or are already here, make some time to visit the Rutgers Gardens.  Nature is beginning to wake up over there and it is a feast for the senses.  No matter when you go during the season, there is always something to see - and it's all beautiful.  Right now the ornamental trees are beginning to bloom along with some ground covering flowers and staff is beginning to prep the flower beds.  In fact, the fragrance from some of the trees is so heady, it can be overpowering -  but it's still irresistible.
This was an unplanned visit and I wish I had had a shorter lens, a polarizer, and maybe a tripod with me.  I was using a 50mm and had to walk quite a distance back to the road in order to get the entire tree in the frame.

What is really amazing and cool is to step 'inside' this tree.  From what I saw carved on the trunk, many college students have spent some time here.




All the fragrant white flowers reminded me of a bride's bouquet.

And the pinks are so vibrant.

After my visit yesterday, I made a promise to myself to make an extra effort and get there at least once a week, weather permitting.  I don't want to miss any part of this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!