Monday, April 11, 2011

No more sticky brakes!

I finally got over to Kim's Bike Shop today.  Timing is everything - I was able to get a parking space right in front of the shop.  And that's saying a lot since it's a high-traffic area with very little available street parking.  I was not as lucky when I returned later and had to park about a block and a half away.  But, I'm not complaining - at least it was a spot at the end of the block and I was able to pull right in.  I'm not sure I would have been able to parallel park an SUV with a bike rack in tow.



There must be several hundred bicycles on the floor at Kim's.  Every available space is occupied.  And the beautiful thing about dealing with a shop like this is the quick service and reasonable price - 4 new brake pads, adjusted brakes, realigned tires all for $20 and in one day.  The chain bike shop on the highway wanted to keep the bike for a week!!!  Well, it's nice to have brakes that don't announce my arrival!


And afterwards, on this gorgeous day, a stop at Rutgers Gardens - but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!