Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Decisive Moment...

I recently read Eric Kim’s blog post How To Master “The Decisive Moment” ("How to Master The Decisive Moment"), specifically making note of his comment concerning the moment “when a person points a finger at another.”   The comment struck me and I immediately recalled a candid photo someone took of a decisive moment immediately following my son’s wedding.  The photo is of my daughter-in-law and I having a conversation in the church foyer.  I can’t recall exactly what we were discussing; I suspect it had something to do with logistics, but this photo gave many people a good laugh.  It really looks like I’m dishing out some serious advice!  I wish I could take credit for this 'decisive-moment' photo (I think it was my sister-in-law's work) but, in sharing it, I hope it makes you smile and look for the decisive moments that might cross your path and your camera's viewfinder.

A new bride and her mother-in-law - Oh my!

Always have your camera ready; you never know when that decisive moment is going to jump out at you.     Henri Cartier-Bresson was the Master of capturing those moments.

1 comment:

  1. Now I am going away to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming over again
    to read more news.

    Feel free to surf to my web site; pożyczki chwilówki

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!