Sunday, March 20, 2011

Super Moon, Super Cold, Super Windy

I, along with some friends and about 8 other brave souls fought the wind and cold and made our way to the local high school last night to get a good view of the Super Moon.  We all thought it would be great to see it

Super Moon - March 29, 2011
from the highest point in town but we probably would have done better down by the river at a low point.  I think it would have been much more dramatic, bigger and brighter - I certainly know it would have been less windy.  Even weighted down, you could not keep a tripod from shaking.  We did our best and now we'll have to wait 18 years for the next event.  I'll have to remember to scout out a lower, more protected spot for 2029.



        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!